On August 29, 2021, USPS increased first-class postage rates for postcards from $0.36 to $0.40 and letters from $0.51 to $0.53. This increase will impact costs for legal noticing, distributions, and mailings of all kinds across legal administration.
Here is a full breakdown of the USPS price changes.
Image by USPS
In addition to these price changes, USPS has announced that they are increasing the maximum size of the preferred rate postcard from 4.25”x6 to 6”x9”. This means we can offer more than double the area at the same cost.
The advantages of this new postcard size are:
- More information at the same cost
- Easier to read notices leading to higher engagement from the class
- Increased emphasis on the call to action, such as a case phone number or case website
- QR codes for quick access to weblinks
- Impactful designs that can leverage the increased area
- General personalization to increase attention and information retention
Here’s an example of how our notice experts are utilizing the increased postcard size to maximize response rates:
Contact us today for a free consultation to learn how we can help you notice a class and maximize response rates.